This calculator uses the same formula to determine the cost of the levy as the one used by the county auditor's office. The costs are based on real estate market values as determined by the Cuyahoga County Auditor. Highlight the default home value (highlighted in Yellow). Replace this amount by typing in the value of your home.
To use, highlight the default home value (currently highlighted in Yellow). Replace this amount by typing in the value of your home. Click in the amber background, or press "tab" on your keyboard to update the calculation.
This calculator uses your property value to determine your tax. This is different from the "valuation" language used on the ballot, which is 35% of the market value. To calculate the cost of the tax, follow these steps:
- Start with the property's market value.
- Multiply by 0.35 to find the assessed value.
- Multiply that result by the millage rate by 0.001. For example, for a 5.3 mill levy, you would multiply by 0.0053.
- To account for the 12.5% state rollback for owner occupied property, multiply the result by 0.875.
- The result is your annual cost for the levy.